To ensure delegates, alternates and guests have a stress-free experience at convention, they should pre-register using AFSCME’s convention registration system.
As a reminder, the 45th AFSCME International Convention is just over a month away! We want to remind you to book your housing if you haven’t already. Additionally, we have extended the housing deadline, you now have until Friday, June 10, to book your housing.
It is extremely important that AFSCME attendees use rooms that are under the AFSCME-contracted room blocks. AFSCME will incur financial penalties if delegates, alternates, and guests book their own rooms or use hotels not listed here. AFSCME has negotiated daily rates that include taxes and in order to be in the contracted room block, your reservations cannot be booked directly through your assigned hotel via their website or by calling them. Convention must be booked by visiting the Pre-Registration website.
If you have any questions please reach out to AFSCME Conference & Travel Services at (202) 429-3151 or email@example.com.
We urge all attendees to book your housing ASAP to ensure you have a room and are ready to hit the ground running when you arrive in Philadelphia.
We look forward to seeing you in July!
- Convention Pre-Registration
- Housing Registration
- Housing Reservation / Modification Deadlines
- Housing Payment
- On-Site Registration
Pre-registration for the AFSCME 45th International Convention is now open. All delegates, alternates and guests MUST pre-register. Pre-registration ensures that you will have hotel accommodations and that any special needs you may have are met. It also allows AFSCME to keep track of the number of attendees. Please note that returning your delegate or alternate credential forms to the International Union does NOT pre-register you for the Convention.
All housing reservations for AFSCME’s 45th International Convention are coordinated by AFSCME’s Conference and Travel Services Department (CTS). Please review “Information You Need to Know Before Booking Your Hotel” before making your reservations.
It is extremely important that AFSCME attendees use rooms that are under the AFSCME-contracted room blocks. AFSCME will incur financial penalties if delegates, alternates and guests book their own rooms or use hotels not listed here. AFSCME has negotiated daily Convention hotel rates that include taxes. Please note that the room type cannot be guaranteed until the time of check-in.
Please be advised that In order to be in AFSCME’s contracted room block and receive our negotiated rates, your reservations CANNOT be booked DIRECTLY through your assigned hotel(s) via their website or by calling them. ALL housing reservations for AFSCME’s 45th International Convention MUST be booked by AFSCME’s Conference & Travel Services Department by visiting the Pre-Registration website.
Through the AFSCME Convention registration website, you can book, modify or cancel your hotel reservations. All Convention attendees MUST pre-register. Returning your delegate and alternate credential form does not pre-register you or indicate your need for housing.
Housing Reservation / Modification Deadlines
- Housing Deadline: The housing registration deadline is June 10, 2022. Reservations will be handled on a first-come first-served basis. Reservations made after June 10, 2022, will be confirmed based on hotel rates and availability. Please note that the room type (king/double) cannot be guaranteed until the time of check-in.
- Modification/Cancellation Deadline: June 13, 2022 is the final day that AFSCME’s Conference & Travel Services Department can accept changes or cancellations. Please contact the hotel directly after this date.
- Business checks, certified checks and credit cards are accepted forms of payment for Convention housing. Personal checks will not be accepted.
- All business or certified checks MUST be received by Monday, June 27, 2022.
- Checks must be made payable to your assigned hotel, NOT to AFSCME.
- Mail all checks directly to AFSCME, ATTN: Conference & Travel Services Department, 1625 L Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036.
- Please do not mail your housing checks with your delegate and alternate credential forms. The check should be mailed separately along with a listing of the individuals who are covered by the check you are sending using the Check Payment Form. This form MUST accompany all check payments for Convention lodging.
- Please complete all fields and submit with your check. If you have more than 20 people in your group, please make a copy of the form before completing to add additional names.
For questions on the registration process contact AFSCME Conference & Travel Services at 202-429-3151 or 2022CONVHOUSING@AFSCME.ORG.
On-site registration will be open for all delegates, alternates & guests of the AFSCME International Convention in Hall C of the Pennsylvania Convention Center at the following times:
- Saturday, July 9 from Noon – 5 p.m.
- Sunday, July 10 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Monday, July 11 from 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 12 from 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.